[mythtv-users] Daddy, what's a commercial

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jan 11 18:46:20 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> says:
> I would love a new kid-friendly theme. My 9 year old can navigate
> the system, but she would much rather just be presented with
> programs that she wants to watch in her recording group (her most
> common task) with the option of viewing her videos in MythVideo and
> her music playlists. She has no interest in archiving to DVD,
> scheduling programs, getting System Info, etc.

This would be useful even for non-children. I'd love to see a theme
that only makes the list of recordings, MythVideo, MythDVD, MythMusic,
perhaps MythWeather (i.e., end user-oriented applications) freely
available, and puts *everything else* (scheduling recordings, system
info, etc.)  behind a password prompt.