[mythtv-users] Insertion

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Jan 11 02:34:08 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2007, at 12:12 PM, Rich West wrote:
>

>> I have a bunch of video pulled off of my Tivo before the hard drive
>> died.  I converted them from the .ty files to .mpg.  Is there a way,
>> other than just plopping them in to a mythvideo directory, of
>> "inserting" them in to the recorded list?
>>
>> All in all, I would like to try putting them in to the list of
>> recorded
>> programs, then run them through the commercial flagging process.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>>

> Drop them in your recorded tv directory and run
> myth.rebuilddatabase.pl (its in your contrib directory).
> It will go through and prompt you to add metadata for any file it
> can't find in the database.

You rock!  That worked.. although it did take a little convincing.  It
didn't like the default names of the files (The tivo left them with file
names like "Law & Order - Deadlock", which, I think, caused one of the
parts of the script to fail.  I renamed the files to be generic names
(matching the format of the rest of the recorded programs).

Thanks again for the quick and accurate response!

-Rich