[mythtv-users] Apple iTV - MythTV Frontend?

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 10 19:38:02 UTC 2007

>From: jedi at mishnet.org (Kevin Hulse)
>
>On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 09:05:35PM -0800, Jake Palmer wrote:
> > >From: jedi at mishnet.org (Kevin Hulse)

> > >price,

>PS3
> > >that
> > >
> > >	You could just spend $100 more on a pundit, aopen minimac clone
> > >or some cube based system built from scratch.
> > >
> > >	Any of those should be better equipped to do 1080p.
> > >
> > >[deletia]
> >
> > I think you're missing the major point here.  The only source for 1080p
> > material is Blu-ray and HD-DVD.  I already have a computer capable of
>1080p
> > playback.  What I don't have is access to any 1080p material.  Hence the
> > desire to get a PS3.
>
>	Just get the xbox HD-DVD drive. Lots cheaper than a PS3.

And plug it into what?  Used 360's go for at least $300.  300 for Xbox + 200
for HD-DVD = 500.

So my choice is spend $500 for:

Brand new PS3 with built in Blu-ray, 1080p HDMI output and native linux
support.

Used 360 and an external HD-DVD with 1080i component output and no linux.

Not a hard choice.