[mythtv-users] Gentoo, qt4 and mythtv

Matthew McClement mythtv at macker.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 13:10:03 UTC 2007

Robin Gilks wrote:
*snip*

> Having built SVN mythtv manually every couple of weeks for the last year
> or so, perhaps now would be a good time to find a generic ebuild that
> updates an "in progress" svn local copy and then compiles it (or can an
> ebuild only download from scratch?).
>
> So if anyone has such an ebuild lurking, I'd be very interested in a looksee.

SVN ebuilds exist but they're pretty much all privately maintained these
days due to the fact that they can break fairly easily and I don't think
anyone feels like dealing with support requests.

If you want ebuilds based on svn checkpoints, the overlay from this
thread is probably your best bet:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-490119.html

The thread mentions 0.19 but the overlay has moved on to 0.20. Overlay
can also be managed using layman, which I recommend, and the author
seems to at least make some attempt to ensure the ebuild works for each
checkpoint he releases.

Matt