[mythtv-users] Programs not getting scheduled (mythtv 0.20)

Gervase Markham gerv at gerv.net
Sun Jan 7 17:06:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the scheduling to work.

In the mythfrontend UI, I can go to the listings and pick a program to
record, but however many I choose, I never see any entries in the
"Upcoming Recordings" section. I can't find any UI which lists my
recording requests at all. It's as if I never made them.

However, if I use the mythweb UI, I see the list of programs I've asked
for (from either UI) in the section entitled "Recording Schedules", but
nothing ever appears in the mythweb "Upcoming Recordings" section
either. It's as if mythtv understands what I want in principle, but the
scheduler isn't translating that into an actual command to record a
specific channel at a specific time.

This problem happens with various types (once, channel etc.) of
recordings and also if I create a manual recording.

If I am watching Live TV, I can press record and get the program
recorded, so that's not the problem, it's a scheduler issue.

I can't see any relevant errors in mythbackendlog. The list of recording
requests is in the "record" SQL table, but there's nothing in "recordmatch".

MythTV 0.20-0.2ubuntu2
Ubuntu Edgy
UK DVB-T television, with a Hauppage Win-TV NOVA T USB stick receiver
Using the transmitted EPG
Back end and front end on the same laptop (IBM X40)

Please let me know if more information is required.

Gerv