[mythtv-users] Pvr-350 problem, coming to you as last resort, sort of.

GARETH GLACCUM gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Sun Jan 7 10:49:57 UTC 2007

Hi,
Possibly a completely incorrect thing, but on the windows box, look in the
WinTV help section and make sure that the eeprom data on the card is
sensible (should look like octet pairs I believe 00-22-11-33). On a recent
hauppauge device I tried, the eerprom data was garbage (2oifjohc9g). I tried
it on 4 machines, 3 windows, 1 linux. It worked (as in I could see a
picture) only on 1 windows machine, and was a real pain to get it working on
the linux machine. All of the windows machines were completely up2date
windows xp/sp2. I took a screenshot of the eeprom data and hauppauge agreed
that it was a corrupted device and that it should be replaced. This wasn't a
350 model, but it is possibly a common problem.
Gareth