[mythtv-users] internal player options?

Moosy Log moosylog at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 10:07:19 UTC 2007

I have a large amount of DVD rips in 'VIDEO_TS' format. So no ISO's
I wanted to have links from mythvideo to these files, inclusing DVD covers
and ImDB links.

I did the following:

I create a file in the video's directory called videoname.link:

dvd://your_directory/moosymovie/VIDEO_TS

I created a new extension in mythfrontend

config, config, media, movies, filetypes

create a new extension

Extension .link
Command: xine -pfhq `cat %s`
Standard: OFF
Ignore: OFF

Is there another / easier way todo this?

Can I use the internal player with arguments to play a (video_ts directory
including menu's) from disk.
Are there any startup options or arguments I can parse to the internal
player?

Thanks,

Moosy