[mythtv-users] OT: Mythfrontend on a Wii - ever posible?

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 19:26:21 UTC 2007

> > > In order to write a Wii channel, I'm assuming you'd need a licensed
> > > Wii developer's kit, which is probably prohibitively costly.
> >
> > That depends upon your definition of "costly".
By running as a Channel I assume that the code would need to be ported
to the WII.  I don't think you would be able to compile any of the
frontend code under the Nintendo platform.

What about booting linux under the WII as a dedicated linux machine?

I know the WII has an IBM Broadway processor, but does the linux
kernel support that?

Here's some specs on the WII:
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Nintendo-Wii~r-1~CLT-INTR~RFR-172.19.48.19

What I find interesting about the PS3 is that it has EIGHT cores
(though one is disabled).  Wow... according to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3 they already have Linux
running on it, but the low 256 ram was a problem.  256 doesn't seem
that low to me.

Jeff