[mythtv-users] XvMC on NVidia with Myth .20

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Fri Jan 5 02:25:13 UTC 2007

Interesting.  All the other features of mythweb work fine; only "backend
status" causes the crash.

Everything's fine with HD now, though I still see prebuffering pauses
(less than before).  SD video is fine but audio is tinny with high-end
distortion...don't know why.  I know it has nothing to do with the video
drivers.

I have seen problems on my 5500 card when switching between the analog
s-video -> analog cable -> dvb inputs - causes a segfault and drops out of
the frontend, but doesn't crash the system.  As you're having similar
issues, maybe there's a bug related to the Conexant cards in particular.

I may try rolling back one or two revs on the nVidia driver to see if the
Mythweb problem is a very recent issue.

Thanks
Bob

http://www.malibyte.net