[mythtv-users] After FE crash: stop [live tv] recording without restarting backend?

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Thu Jan 4 23:20:24 UTC 2007

Hello everybody,

sometimes my frontend crashes while watching live tv (nvidia driver issue).
Then the backend keeps recording the program and all subsequent programs on
the channel, basically forever.

In former versions (0.19) it was possible to enter the manage recordings menu
and delete the actual recording, which would free the tuner.

Now in 0.20 if I try this, I get the message "the recording is being used by
[backend]" and I cannot delete it. The recording is not painted in purple,
just white like the other recordings. I can only stop the recording and free
the tuner if I restart the backend.

Is there an alternative proceeding, preferably from the frontend, to cancel
the recording?

Thanks and best regards,

	Matthias