[mythtv-users] XvMC on NVidia with Myth .20

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Thu Jan 4 21:44:16 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 10:08:14AM -0500, Rich West wrote:

> Interesting.. I tried out XvMC last night on my Myth 0.20 box with an
> nVidia GeForce6200 with just SD video (I'm prepping for dealing with SD
> & HD), and it didn't display the colors correctly (using blootube-wide,
> the OSD during playback was black-n-white) and the picture got majorly
> blocky.  I rolled back my changes and just left it without XvMC.

If your OSD went to black and white, XvMC was working.  You need to run
one of the later nVidia drivers (I'm running 9746).  You may also need
to add the "use events" parameter to your xorg.conf file.

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"