[mythtv-users] Fwd: Program Names "Unknown" Fixed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 3 14:00:12 UTC 2007

On 01/02/2007 08:11 AM, John Kichury wrote:

>  From: *John Kichury*
> >
> > 2 show up in the program guide as "Unknown  (Unknown)". All other
> > channels list the program names just fine.
>
>  I deleted (mysql drop) and recreated the database, and it fixed the
>  problem. All channels are showing the proper program names now.

For the archives:  Using the Delete All button in the Video Sources
section of mythtv-setup and then recreating the video sources, input
connections, and channels would have been a less-destructive option that
would also have fixed the problem.  (Perhaps I sent my e-mail
recommending that approach a little too late yesterday.)

However, I'm glad you got it working.

Mike