[mythtv-users] Install Notes and Questions :FC6ATI ConexantCX23880

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 1 07:31:49 UTC 2007

Wise, Jeremey wrote:
> The card is indeed a
> Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video

 From the lsmod output you list, it appears that the card is propely
recognized.
I presume that dmesg reports that the card is properly initialized.
I also presume that the output shows up at /dev/dvb/adapter0/

If that is all the case, then you are ready to install myth and set it up.
What is your question?
> I have been doing some RTFM and learning about TV and DVR stuff as fast
> as I can. I downloaded the manual from ASUS website but it is a generic
> card for all tuners and so not of much help on knowing the fuctions of
> my specific card.
>

> My card has the following stamping/labels on the output:
>
> FM-IN (coax connector)
>
> TV-IN (coax connector)
>
> Video-IN (S-Video connector)
>
> Audio-IN (two RCA jacks)
>>

> I am wondering if this note about "switching the input device" on the
> card has any merrit.... Thoughts? (if it does I am a big unclear about
> where to go about making this change)

Your cable feed, or antenna goes to the TV-IN connector. ONLY if you are
using the other inputs would you 'switch the input device'. This would
involve creating sources in Mythtv-Setup -> 3. Input Sources for each
input being used, and then pairing each Source to an Input in 4. Input
Connections.

For example, people use an S-Video Input to input from a video
camera..The source is generally defined as a single channel source on
the camera's default channel (3 or 4) and the recording is done by a
manual schedule.
So unless you are doing that sort of thing you do not need to change the
input source.

I suggest you read through the wiki at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Geoff