[mythtv-users] Can you share the recordings?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Wed Feb 28 08:14:49 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 23:42, James Talvy wrote:
> Thanks Rod, Brad and Cole....
>
> Ultimately what I want is to use MythTV to record my favorite TV shows
> and then download them to a portable device so that I can watch them
> during my commute to and from work.
> I have been working with Sun UNIX boxes for 15yrs so I am very
> comfortable with command line and skilled with Perl etc.

In that case it shouldn't be too hard. If you're not familiar with the
video-conversion tools (mencoder, ffmpeg, etc.), you'll probably have to futz
with them for a while to get them to do what you want, but the scripts will
most likely be quite short (just a few lines), plus whatever comments and any
more advanced features (conditionals to customize transcoding for certain
stations, say) you care to include.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com