[mythtv-users] PVR-350 no video out

Miah Gregory mace at darksilence.net
Tue Feb 27 16:31:45 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 12:56 -0600, Timm wrote:
> I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.19; updated the rest of the system to the
> latest versions as well; using Archlinux.
>
> Suddenly I have no video out from my PVR-350 when I try to watch tv (or
> movies) from Mythtv.
>
> I do have audio.
>
> Where do I begin looking for the problem?
>
> dmesg has 2 lines that concerned me straight off; both on the pvr-350
> and the pvr-150, the ivtv configuration area reports
> that  i2c_adapter client creation failed; not sure what that means.
>
> Anyone else had this problem?

I've just upgraded to 2.6.18, ivtv 0.10.0 and myth 0.20 and got
something similar - with the PVR350 accelerated output option enabled in
the frontend, I get audio but no video. With it disabled, I get audio,
letterboxed video and lots of artifacts with the OSD/playback jitters
whenever the machine isn't completely idle (not entirely surprisingly).

Having looked around the various mailing lists I can't find any other
reference to this behaviour.

--
Miah Gregory