[mythtv-users] different protocols?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 07:14:36 UTC 2007

On 26/02/07, optonline <sn00p99 at optonline.net> wrote:

> i've had a myth backend recording all my shows for a while. it worked great.
> lately i installed gentoo on my laptop and emerged mythtv to see how the
> frontend would work.
> at the time, when i ran it and set it up, it say'd that client speaks
> protocol version 31, backend spoke 26.
> so i installed the newest version from mythtv.org to my slackware box that

When you state you installed the latest mythtv.org version, did you
just download the 0.20 release tarballs from the official website, or
did you checkout from Subversion?

Your emerged MythTV should tell you which revision it was compiled
from (mythfrontend --version should tell you) and possibly which SVN
branch (0.20-fixes, trunk etc). You should then checkout a similar
revision (or look for a more up-to-date release) for your Slackware
box.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: