[mythtv-users] Any chance of having the following feature?

Neosat neosat at cytanet.com.cy
Tue Feb 27 04:50:56 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>> > Yes I want a big list of numbers and callsigns to be displayed so as
>> I can
>> > scroll and choose a channel to view. The function that a normal
>> Sattelite
>> > receiver has. I mostly use LiveTV so it would be very helpfull.
>>

>> You do know that from live TV you can hit "M" for menu and then select
>> program guide, right?
>>
>> I only ask because I used MythTV for a while before "discovering" that
>> great
>> feature.
>> Ofcaurse I know EPG and I am using it.
>> I do not want EPG type of listing. I just want the Channel number and
>> Callsign only as a list nothing more. Just like normal sattelite
>> receiver does or just like VDR channel list.
>
> Rather than a MythTV feature, it sounds like you want a modified theme
> to take out all the other information.

Robert wrote:
I think what the poster wants is that the live-tv image stays full
screen and list of (say 10) channels appears in a (semi-transparent)
list covering (say) 1/4 of the width and 90% of the height of the screen
so that you can scroll up / down the list of channels and select one to
change to.

So it's a bit like the OSD, but it just lists channels (rather than
channels and descriptions) and is vertical rather than horizontal.
Thats what my Sat box does anyway, and it is pretty handy if you have a
lot of channels.

Robert.

That is exactly what I want.  Will it be possible in myth?

Regards

Neo