[mythtv-users] Fuzzy Line on the Screen

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 15:58:48 UTC 2007

On 2/25/07, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:
> that's probably VBI info if you're talking about analog tv. You can
> adjust your overscan to push it beyond the visible screen.

The problem with doing this, is that OSDs which position themselves at
the screen's edge seem to "over compensate".  For a while I used about
4-5% top and bottom overscan to rid my view of the extra lines, but
then I would get visible gapping below my bottom OSD (either Retro or
MePo).  Just as annoying on bright/white scenes.  So I turned off the
overscan in Myth and decided to live with it (because I prefer the 1:1
pixel mapping on my tv).  Are there other ways of doing it that get
the best of both worlds?