[mythtv-users] Trying to set MythTV

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Feb 25 21:57:38 UTC 2007

John Meyer wrote:
> Specifically, when I try to watch livetv, I get this error:
>
> mythtv is already using all available inputs for the channel you
> selected, if you want to watch an in-progress recording select one from
> the playback menu. If you want to watch livetv cancel one of the
> in-progress recordings from the delete menu.

I think you are being mislead by this message. The key point
is that it is finding exactly zero inputs that are available
to be used. This message assumes that there should have been
at least one but it must be busy recording something else.

However, I agree with others that there aren't TV listings for
a set of channels in a video source that is associated with
an input on a card. One or more of those things are not right.

For me when I start live TV, it wants to go to channel 3, KVBC
who's listings were grabbed by mythfilldatabase for my CoxCable
video source. I can record this channel from the Television input
of my card nunder 4 because I've associated that source with this
input. If I run mythtv-setup and go to Input connections I see

[V4L:/dev/video0](Television)-> CoxCable
[V4L:/dev/video0](Composite1)-> (None)
[V4L:/dev/video0](S-Video)-> (None)
[V4L:/dev/video0](Composite3)-> (None)

This tells the system that the CoxCable channels are available on
this input of this card. Your master backend is saying that there
are no inputs where it can record shows from channels.