[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Client doesn't connect to Server

Zlatko V zlatko0612 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 25 18:15:52 UTC 2007

Hello List,

I am a newbie to mythtv and it is my 100th try to install and use mythtv,
till now without success :-(
I didn't find the solution for the problem in google although some other
people have had the similar problem ...

I can startand use mythbackend and mythfrontend on the myth server
(192.168.0.2) but not from client (192.168.0.12).

After I start mythfrontend on the client I get:
"Myth could not connect to the database. Please verify your database ..."

It is the same if I start it as mythtv user or as root.

if I start on the client (192.168.0.12)
mysql -h 192.168.0.2 -u mythtv -p mythconverg
   I can use the database !
mysql >

cat ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt
DBHostName=192.168.0.2
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg
DBType=QMYSQL3

cat /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt
DBHostName=192.168.0.2
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg
DBType=QMYSQL3

I use Mythtv 0.20 and FedoraCore 6 on both PCs.

Can anyone help me to start the mythtv on the client ?

Thank you very much

Zlatko