[mythtv-users] REPAIR/OPTIMIZE in HouseKeeper

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Sun Feb 25 05:14:21 UTC 2007

Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> writes:

> Tony Lill <ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca> says:
>> You know, it's not that hard to check with the backend to see if
>> it's busy and/or how long to the next recording.
>
> I know. If you'd read the message I referenced, you'd have seen that
> a) I already have my own version of your script for checking whether a
> mythbackend is recording or not and b) I'm talking about something
> different, which is how to prevent mythfrontend from being
> unresponsive to button presses during the database backup process. As
> MythTV is as yet neither telepathic nor precognistic, no script can
> predict at any given moment whether I'll want to fast-forward a
> recording or not. (Maybe in 0.30.)

Must have missed that message. Anyway, the way I predict whether or
not I'm going to press a button is by checking if the time is between
3am and 8am. No ESP required !-)
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991