[mythtv-users] Transcodes after dvd rip fail

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sat Feb 24 23:26:00 UTC 2007

I'm running myth .21 (as of mid January).   When I attempt to rip a
DVD in perfect mode, all is fine, I get a working vob file.

When I attempt to rip in excellent or good mode, requiring a transcode,
the rip goes fine, and stores the vob file in a subdir in .../mtd/titlename,
but as soon as the ripping thread terminates, I get:

15:21:58: job thread finished ripping dvd title
15:21:58: Error: Could not start transcode
15:22:00: job failed: job dvd 13 1 7 0 -1 /vid/m1/vids/dvdname - Title 13

And the job terminates.

Any thoughts?  I have not tried transcodes in a while.  They used to
operate (a year or so ago) but they did not have sound in sync so I
gave up.  Thought I would try again to see if that had improved.