[mythtv-users] WriteAudio: buffer underruns without prebuffering pauses (SOLVED - almost)

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 22:40:34 UTC 2007

adeffs.mythtv at gmail wrote:
> if you have a 939 socket board Newegg has the 3200+ (Venice Core which
> is extremely overclockable) and the 4000 (San Diego Core) for pretty
> cheap right now.

Unfortunately, I have a 754 socket.  I buy from Newegg regularly.
They have a Sempron 64 3400+ for a reasonable price.  That's an
option.

But what I am thinking is, instead of invest $70-80 in a new CPU, I
could just move front end to the living room and spend the money
toward another system.

When we do watch TV in the living room, my wife always wants to pause
or rewind or skip commercials - and is disappointed.  This would fix
that problem.

For around $350 (I have some of the needed components laying around),
I could build a nice box.  Here is what I am looking at:

ASUS P1-AH2 Barebones system (nice small form factor)
-- supports AMD Socket AM2
-- onboard NVIDIA GeForce 6150 w/DVI out
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(65W) Windsor
1GB DDR2 PC6400 RAM

Maybe just a wish.  I have to sell the wife yet.

Tom