[mythtv-users] mplayer stutters when playing files over the network

Peter Verhoye pverhoye at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 22:17:16 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've almost finished installing my mythtv-pc but I have some problems with
network performance. I use mplayer (default) to play video files in
mythvideo. My .avi files are stored on a NAS server to which the mythtv-pc
connects over a DEVOLO highspeed netwerk (using the electricity network; my
wifi-g network does not offer enough stability that why I use this
homeadapter plugs). Anyway, my question is how can I set mplayer to buffer
files a bit more since the way it behaves now, my .avi files are not really
viewable (too much stutter in both audio and video).

Thanks all for you help!

BB
Peter