[mythtv-users] Wiki update, connecting to STB and using an IR Blaster

Chris Mcnally mcnallychris at pobox.com
Sat Feb 24 20:40:32 UTC 2007

I just got cable and had to learn how to connect my PVR-250 to my set
top box and connect an IR Blaster to change channels on it. I had to
search through a lot of material since the info in the  Myth manual and
Jarod's guide were not complete.  Without either of these I *never*
would have been able to set up my Myth box in the first place, so I
thought I would organize and contribute back what I  learned.

The trouble is that writing is not my specialty and it does take a long
time. Furthermore, I only have experience personally with the PVR 250
and Standard Def TV. I'm looking for help  from the list to edit and
correct the pages I started.

1) The first page is simply an introduction and overview of connecting a
STB to a Tuner card.
 http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Connecting_Tuner_Card_To_Cable_Sat

Please take a look and add to it and edit. Especially the Firewire part
as I simply copied info from other sources.

2) Connecting and using an IR Blaster. This page was kind of a mess with
broken links and disorganization. Mainly the HOWTO is linked and this
wiki page is a wrapper/introduction.   Again: Help! thanks!

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_an_IR_Blaster_with_MythTV