[mythtv-users] UPnP: only works locally

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 18:02:06 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 14:51 +1100, Bill Williamson wrote:
> Short issue:  UPnP only shows up locally.  When I scan for UPnP
> devices (steps below) using either a linux or windows box Myth doesn't
> show up.  However, on windows, if I use the Intel Device Scanner and
> MANUALLY put in the URL then Myth shows up fine.

Make sure that MythTV is listening on the external interface, not just
on 127.0.0.1.  IIRC, you must use 'mythtv-setup' to configure that.  I
think you'll find that with the manually set URL, that it finds it and
gets an initial listing, but none of them will work since it will return
URL's with http://127.0.0.1:XXXX as the base, reflecting the setting
mentioned above.

--
Karl Hegbloom <karlheg at gmail.com>