[mythtv-users] MythWeb: asx stream is kinda `choppy`

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 24 08:18:16 UTC 2007

Chris Petersen wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Playing the source mpeg from a samba share works just fine.
>> So it might be a buffering issue somewhere?
>> (Windows MP, some older version)
>
> Possibly.  I'll actually be modifying the streaming code before .21 so
> that it pulls the file directly from the backend, rather than requiring
> a locally-mounted version.  But I have other things to get to before that.

Yesterday I installed 0.21-20070223.RS from Ramses Smeyers's repo
(http://ramses.smeyers.be/varia/mythtv-cvs/).
I noticed that asx playback stopped working and later I found an
instance of ffmpeg consuming a lot of my limited CPU resources (VIA Epia
EN12000).
Is there a relation between the recent svn update and ffmpeg being used?
How can I make the asx streaming work again an perhaps without choppiness?
Any ideas, tips, howto's?