[mythtv-users] WriteAudio: buffer underruns without prebuffering pauses (SOLVED - almost)

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 01:13:10 UTC 2007

adeffs.mythtv at gmail wrote:
> I don't see any way that processor will do 1080i without XvMC, just
> not enough horses under the hood. You can try overclocking it, though
> I don't know if you will be able to get it fast enough.

I tested the frontend as I described in the above message.  vmstat
shows that the CPU hits 100% every once in a while.  The variation is
quite dramatic.  The log shows the system running consistently around
75% busy.  At one point, it drops to 27% busy.  Three seconds later,
the CPU is pegged at 100%.

I believe this coincides with a fade to black followed by an action scene.

I did try overclocking my front side bus from 200 mhz to 215.  Any
amount above was unstable.  This did not provide enough horses to
eliminate the prebuffering pauses.

So, OK I agree that more CPU will fix my problem.

Thanks for the help.

Tom