[mythtv-users] OT: Antec Fusion IR receiver

Nemo Inis nemoinis at telus.net
Fri Feb 23 17:03:43 UTC 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 6:00 PM, John P Poet wrote:

> I have had a long running discussion with Antec support about where to
> mount the IR receiver so it actually works.

<snip>

- I had to remove the "tint" using nail polish remover and cotton tips
to let the IR through during my experiments.

- I had the same maddening, bang-your-head-against-a-wall type of
conversion with Antec about another issue (power supply).  They have a
serious attitude problem in the customer support department.  Or maybe
we both lucked out on the same "customer is always wrong" guy.