[mythtv-users] MyBlaster ROCKS!

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 05:19:35 UTC 2007

On 23/02/07, JCA <1.41421 at gmail.com> wrote:
>     After delving into the arcana of LIRC in vain, getting MyBlaster
> was a breath of fresh air. Just a few minutes after I got it my setup
> was working correctly, with MythTV controlling my satellite box
> flawlessly. It sure is more expensive than LIRC, but it will spare you
> a lot of aggravation and frustration.

Glad you got it working in the end. LIRC can be both difficult to get
running and configure, and inconsistent in its workings with simple
serial IR transmitters. My 2 serial IR transmitters were built for $10
and installed in a couple of minutes, but as many users find, YMMV :)

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/