[mythtv-users] no more X on the PVR-350's TV-Out after upgrade to FC6

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 02:51:10 UTC 2007

On 23/02/07, Claude Gélinas agr. <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> I just upgraded a fc4 mythtv perfectly running, high WAF system to fc6
>
> Now I'm no longer able to start X on my PVR 350 TV-out.
>
> My system have one PVR 350 and one PVR 500mce
> It's FC6 x86_64. I've upgraded via CD and updated the system via yum
> after. this is a complete system with backend and frontend on the same
> machine.
> kernel is 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6
> Mythtv is the latest on artrpms 0.20-152
> ivtv is 0.10.0-125
> ivtv-firmware 1.8a-13
> ivtv-kmdl 2.6.19-1.2911
> ivtv-xdriver 0.10.7-8_r3843
>
> backend is running,
> I can view the TV by starting mythfrontend on an ssh -X connection via
> another machine. I get perfect sound and image. Only problem,I need to
> be root to start it... probably a permission problem to adjust.
>
> dmesg say that both three decoder are detected:
>
> Feb 18 18:21:46 video kernel: ivtv:  ==================== START INIT
> IVTV ====================
> Feb 18 18:21:46 video kernel: ivtv:  version 0.7.1 (tagged release)
> Feb 18 18:21:46 video kernel: ivtv:  Linux version: 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4

I'm thinking this is the old output from FC4. Are all cards detected
similarly in FC6?

> xorgs log say:
>
> (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
> (WW) ivtvdev: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:6:8:0)
> found
> (WW) ivtvdev: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:6:9:0)
> found
> (--) Chipset PVR-350 found
> (EE) ivtvHWProvbe failed to do IVTVFB_IOCTL_GET_STATE for
> device /dev/fb0
> (EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
> (II) UnloadModule: "ivtvdev"
> (EE) Device(s) detected, but none match those in the config file.
>
> (primary device is a Radeon X300 (PCIE) 01:00.0)
>
> lspci:
>
> 05:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
> MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
>         Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
>         Memory at c8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
>         Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
>
> so I put in xorg.conf:
>
> BusID "PCI:5:6:0 (as i was in FC4 before with the same setup)
> Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
> Option      "ivtv" "/dev/fb0"

Do you have a Driver "ivtvdev" entry and linked device/screen/server
entries for the PVR-350 in your new xorg.conf?

Check out http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Troubleshooting#Fedora_6_and_pvr-350_tv_out_.28kernel_2.6.19.29
and http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto:xdriver (older info) for
more information.

Nick