[mythtv-users] Disabling tuner 1 of a PVR-500?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 02:29:12 UTC 2007

On 23/02/07, Bill <Bill at explosivo.com> wrote:

> I have been looking at a big problem I have with my PVR-500...  The
> first tuner on it works terribly, the second is fine.  I have a PVR-350
> that comes up before them.
>
> I found some references to moving to a newer kernel that helped some
> with the samsung tuner (which I am lucky enough to have).  I also tried
> removing my powered amp, which just made things worse.
>
> I was surprised that only one of the tuners on the 500 was bad.
>
> Anyway, I plan on upgrading, but in the meantime is there any easy way
> to remove / disable just that one?  I think I can start over with
> mythtv-setup and not define it, but to do that I have to remove all of
> them?
>
> Is there a way to just say "dont use this tuner for now"?

1) Shutdown the backend.
2) Enter mythtv-setup Input Connections.
3) Disconnect the video source attached to the 'bad' input of your PVR-500.
4) Restart the backend.
5) Confirm that your System Status/Upcoming Recordings list only
refers to the single tuner and that there are no references to the
disabled tuner.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: