[mythtv-users] MythTV Version

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 01:49:55 UTC 2007

On 22/02/07, bwobbones <bwobbones at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   In a bout of craziness, I tried to upgrade my mythtv 0.20 to the
> 0.20-fixes branch.  This all seemed to go very well, except that I don't
> think it did anything!
>
>   I'm using Ubuntu Edgy (6.10 ), and I followed the instructions here:
>
>   http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html
>
>   You know, ./configure, make, make install.  But when I do a mythfrontend
> --version, I get:
>
>   Library API version: 0.20.20060828-3
>   Source code version: 12833
>
>   Which I think is the 0.20 version.  How can I tell if I'm using the fixes
> version?

The svn co command you used to get the code will also show where the
code is coming from. If you checkout trunk, you will get latest
bleeding-edge code, if you checkout the 0.20-fixes branch, you'll get
that instead.

For a more definitive answer, you can always check SVN itself. For the
0.20-fixes branch at your revision
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-20-fixes/mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythcontext.h?rev=12830)
the library version should be 0.20.20060828-3, which matched your
output from mythfrontend.

SVN revision numbers increment whenever a revision on Subversion is
processed, independent of the branch of the code the revision is
applied to, so just checking the revision of the code will not tell
whether you are using 0.20-fixes. By checking the library version and
your revision number on SVN, you can be more certain of the branch of
your code.

You can quicky check the library version of your checked out code by
checking /mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythcontext.h.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/