[mythtv-users] Default Time Stretch per recording

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 18:55:47 UTC 2007

On 21/02/07, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21/02/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > ahhh... so it's all based on playback groups then.  I thought I recall
> > it being a per-recording basis, so that it didn't matter which
> > playgroup it's in (since I only use the default).
> >

> As I recall, it used to be that way a couple of years ago, but then
> got changed. I kind of miss the old setting too.... I never got around
> to trying to set up playback groups, so now I just put up with setting
> the speed manually when I start playing...

If you schedule through MythWeb, you can set individual timestretch
settings for each recording (MythWeb does not support Playback Groups
yet). If you schedule via mythfrontend, you can assign each recording
to a Playback Group, and also define new ones.

In addition to timestretch adjustments, playback groups also support
individual settings for forward/backward skip and jump. The Default
setting can also be adjusted, if, for example, you want all new
recordings to play at 110% stretch. I find it a very useful feature,
especially for news/documentaries and sports.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/