[mythtv-users] Is XFS the best choice?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:00:35 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, Willy Boyd <willyboyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/18/07, Kevin O. Lepard <kolepard002 at charter.net> wrote:
> > If you do a search for switch guards, you can find devices that will
> > non-destructively install over a switch to prevent someone from
> > unintentionally switching them.   ....
>
> Thank you, that does help!  I didn't realize such a thing was made.
> This is actually a "triple" wall plate, with another switch we need
> and a dimmer control.  But it's something to definitely look into and
> is more attractive than a piece of tape.

his third link shows the switch cover, which works great for
traditional switches. They even make "half covers" that will let you
prevent accidental switching but still allow you to intentionally use
the switch. I had one in a bathroom at an old apt. that had a horrible
fluorescent overhead light color...

The other option is to get a couple wiring caps and bypass the switch
and then undo the change when you move out.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!