[mythtv-users] Devices keep moving causing backend to not startup

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Feb 21 04:04:52 UTC 2007

Jeffrey Born wrote:
> My backend fails to startup after almost every reboot.
>
> To fix I have to run mythtvsetup and delete all the capture cards and
> reset them.
>
> I have a PVR500 and HD3000.  I think that /dev/video0, /dev/video1,
> and /dev/video2 are randomly set to the PVR and the HD3000 card.
>
> I am running FC6 and mythtv .20
>
> Any ideas on how to fix?
>
> I believe I've seen a thread about this, but all my searches have
> yielded nothing.  If so please point me there.
I just helped a friend do this.  For the PVR, you can set in your
modprobe.conf an options like:

options ivtv ivtv_first_minor 1

Which would force the ivtv to start with 1 and 2.   I think the
first_minor is enough because if the HD3000 loads first, it takes 0 and
ivtv starts at 1.  If ivtv loads first, it starts at 1 and 2 and then
the HD3000 will load and grab 0

Kevin