[mythtv-users] Alternatives to lvm (fuse?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 21 00:38:47 UTC 2007

On 02/20/2007 06:25 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> On 2/20/07, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I want to be able to use multiple drives, however, I don't
>> want to use lvm, raid, or anything else that will build a ONE massive
>> filesystem ontop of a hds.
>>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Storage_Groups

Or, to keep using the packaged 0.20-fixes builds from your packagers,
just set up your largest disk as the recording directory and then mv
files to other disks after recording and make a symlink in the
recordings directory referring to the file on the other disk.  Check out
myth_archive_job.pl (in contrib), which does exactly this.

Mike