[mythtv-users] mythbackend: Hangup ??

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Tue Feb 20 20:33:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've updated my backend runnign SVN recently, as well as upgrading a set of
packages installed on that server (Debian). Since, mythbackend seems to
stop without any any message (I think) during the night. I once tried
running mythbackend from a console in the foreground, and the next day
there was a line "Hangup" in the output.

So I thought this might have to do with logrotate and changed settings to:

/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log {
        daily
        rotate 7
        notifempty
        copytruncate
        missingok
}

but I was under the impression mythbackend should not exit on a SIGHUP,
just open a new logfile.

Any ideas as to what I'm missing here?

	Herman

(just changed loglevel from 'important' to 'all' to see if that gives
relevant info)