[mythtv-users] No scan on Hauppauge Nova S Plus

Richard Horton richard.horton at xtra.co.nz
Tue Feb 20 18:55:02 UTC 2007

hi,

When I ran mythtv setup my DVB card would not scan the channels, despite
me putting in settings that I was sure were correct for NZ (LNB freq. =
11300, TVNZ= 12483000 Vertical SR=22500000).  The signal was showing
fine, but the scan never left 3% and eventually timed out.  I also tried
manually creating the channels.conf using the scan utility, but this
resulted in a blank screen when selecting those channels.

I successfully tested the dvb card using "/usr/bin/dvbstream -f 1371 -s
22500 -p v -o 1005 1105 | mplayer -vo xv -dr -fs -"

My setup is:
Hauppauge pvr150
Hauppauge nova-s plus
x86_64 processor
nvidia 7950 video
Linux FC6, kernel 2895
Mythtv installed using the mythtvology instructions

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Richard Horton.