[mythtv-users] BBC HD (1080) h.264 / AVC playback

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Feb 20 16:58:52 UTC 2007

On 20 Feb 2007, at 15:24, David Campbell wrote:

> Stroller wrote:
>> I know that nVidia cards are widely used on this list, but I'd rather
>> not be dependent upon nVidia supporting my hardware in the future. It
>> seems to me that if I use one of their cards I am at the mercy of
>> them should they decide next week "sorry, that's too old for our new
>> binary drivers",
>
> Use the Open source drivers.

Which have been described as "utterly craptastic for HDTV playback,
and the source of your problems".
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/253025#253025>

As I understand it Intel provide full documentation & open-source
Linux drivers for their graphics hardware. That makes it a very good
choice, in my eyes.

Stroller.