[mythtv-users] XBOX Frontend

Guillaume ml Membré guillaume.ml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 12:38:37 UTC 2007

I also build an Xbox frontend and tried both xbmc and xebian :
- xbmc is a very nice multimedia player. For me, the integration of
the plugin for mythtv wasn't good : I get confused about the UI, some
menu are well design, other not. Moreover my recordings are all
transcoded in nuv format and the player (which is mplayer) wasn't able
to play them.
- running linux wasn't successfull to : when X starts, the xbox starts
swaping and everything in mythfrontend is to slow. This is due to the
lake of ram.

I end up by buying an epia SP 13000 and it does everything I need.

Guillaume