[mythtv-users] backend power

Andreas Ntaflos daff at dword.org
Tue Feb 20 00:35:05 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 01:05:41 jason maxwell wrote:
> don't all good email clients default to top posting? anything else
> seems bass-ackwards to me. you'd have to scroll to read the most
> recent comment.

All good email clients let you choose your posting style. Some might even
allow you to choose the style depending on whom you are replying to.

I advise you to read one or all of the following:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette#Bottom_post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_styles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette#E-mail_etiquette

Remember that mailing list messages are also saved to various archives and
that individual messages may become result links in search engines. Replying
inline increases readability and reduces the need to read through the whole
thread to put the information in a single message in proper context.

It's simple: if you are posting to a mailing list and that list's netiquette
requires inline replies (virtually all do) then inline reply you shall.
Anything else is rude and will most likely annoy the people whose help you
want.

Andreas
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4