[mythtv-users] Can't schedule recordings [SOLVED]

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Mon Feb 19 13:33:15 UTC 2007

Stroller,

Thanks for responding.
> The best bet is probably to repost the above to the -dev list. I
> don't know the procedures for Myth, but from my experiences of other
> projects you're an ideal tester that any developer would be pleased
> to utilise.

Hmm... well, I posted to the dev list already a few days ago, with links
back here to my postings on this list, plus a summary of the whole
situation.

But there has been no response at all.

> I have no doubt that non-English (Kanji?) character support is
> considered desirable - I guess I'm surprised that you're the first
> person to investigate it. Myth is really quite well-known amongst my
> geek friends, and would surely be the first choice for any of them if
> they had the time & money for a "proper" home PVR. This begs the
> question: are there no Linux users in Japan?
There are lots of Linux users in Japan, and there are some pages in
Japanese about setting up MythTV. However, I think that the English
speaking Linux users, of which there are very few, maybe aren't using
MythTV that much, and the Japanese speaking users may not have the
English ability to express all their concerns to the original MythTV
developers (who I assume speak mainly English).

I've looked at Japanese pages regarding MythTV, but so far as I can
tell, there isn't any mention of the OSD problem that I describe. I
can't say if that's because they don't have the problem, or if they
simply live with it as a known limitation, or what.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft