[mythtv-users] Remote control causing double pressed?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:32:08 UTC 2007

Howdy mythers,

I am using two Xbox FE's, with Xebian 1.1 and a recent install of
mythTV 0.20-fixes (and the mythmusic and mythvideo plugins enabled).
Since the upgrade, I have noticed that I am getting some weirdness
from the remote.

On one of the Xboxen, which is using the classic menu theme, when I go
into 'Media Library', the cursor will jump down to 'Watch Videos' and
select it. I will exit and try to press the up arrow to go to 'Watch
Recordings', but the cursor moves down.

When using the PVR menu theme on the other Xbox, when I go to 'TV', it
will select the 'Watch Recordings' option and enter the screen.

Once it has done this for the first time each after booting the Xbox,
it plays nicely.  Obviously, it is something common to both boxes.  Is
there an easy way to debug this?  For both Xboxes, I am using the MS
DVD remote kit, which worked just great in 0.19 on previous.

Cheers,
Whytey