[mythtv-users] IVTV Startup errors

J. David Maino david.maino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 03:05:27 UTC 2007

If you've already installed the firmware but don't know what's going on,
I had the same problem for awhile. IVTV was looking for the drivers to
be in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware, which didn't exist on my system. I just
found out where the actual firmware was on my machine (updatedb &&
locate v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw) and then symlinked it to the
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware directory, along with all the other files that
were in the same directory as v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw (ln -s
/path/to/firmware/ /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware).

Dave