[mythtv-users] tuning timeout with dvb-s hd h264

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 23:43:47 UTC 2007

On 18/02/07, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to tune to a dvb-s hd h264 channel (bbc hd) myth rarely
> locks on first time, but if i try again it locks and playback starts,
> I think it just times out the first time, is there a timeout value for
> dvb-s cards? or better yet a channel specific timeout value?
>
> Ive looked but all ive found is timeout values for atsc, not dvb-s.

Don't know about dvb-s but for my dvb-t card I set the following
timeouts to enable me to record the BBC HD stuff (with the default
values I got zero byte recordings).  I set the timeouts high and
intended to gradually reduce them to find out what the actual limit
was - never got round to doing that yet though!

(In mythtv-setup)

Signal Timeout to 2000ms
Tuning Timeout to 4000ms
DVB Tuning Delay to 1000ms