[mythtv-users] Newbie question: Best HDTV capture device to minimize load?

William Munson wmunson at se.rr.com
Sun Feb 18 21:49:05 UTC 2007

I am a former Mythtv user who has been away for a while and want to
purchase some new hardware to let me capture HDTV. I have a nVidia based
video card (5200) and want to know which capture device is going to
minimize the cpu load. I have been looking at the HDhomerun and it seems
to be a good choice. Is there a better one?

Here is my current hardware:
AthlonXP 2800
nVidia 5200 driving the GRBHV input of the hd monitor
2 PVR-250 capture cards.

Planning on setting up Fedora Core (Maybe Mythdora to start)

Any suggestions will be checked out.

Thanks!!