[mythtv-users] Image Quality PVR-500

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Feb 18 20:47:48 UTC 2007

On Feb 18, 2007, at 1:30 PM, John Drescher wrote:

>> One other thought- that could be garbage products due to overload.
>> Doesn't the 500 card have an on-board amplifier that can be turned on
>> and off? Perhaps you could try turning it off and/or putting an
>> attenuator ahead of the card?
>>
> His initial problem was caused because the LNA was off so I as sure
> that part will not help.

Still could be signal level problems, or tilt, or total channels
exceeding the tuner's front-end overload threshold.

Those Samsung tuners have a very narrow range of acceptable input
levels, you have to be careful, and the onboard LNA is a piece of
crap, a decent one would cost more than the whole card.

Just thoughts, as always.