[mythtv-users] One More Try - Bad Sound with Antenna

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 17:38:39 UTC 2007

> Are you using analog audio or are you perhaps trying to decode analog
> audio as digital? If you;re feeding analog audio to a digital audio
> device you'd get what you describe.

I'm using analog audio... I think.  You'll have to excuse my
ignorance, most of what was said in the three replies to my original
email went over my head.

My setup is outside antenna connected to coax.  Coax comes inside and
is connected to my PVR-250 (input).  I can tune fine with a VCR.  I
previously started with the freq table for us-bcast and /dev/dsp with
the same result.  That's when I started changing things.

I get the same sound issue when I do a test capture with "cat /dev/vidoe0"

Thanks for all the replies... it's just so close and so frustrating!?!?!?!

gs