[mythtv-users] Wireless keyboard with built-in mouse recommendaions, Any!?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Feb 16 18:05:20 UTC 2007

j mccord wrote:
> Well maybe im looking for something that doesn't exist, but i'd like
> to get a keyboard with the mouse built-in.  Does such a thing exist
> for linux.  I've found several nice models from different
> manufacturers but when you put that manufacturers name and linux into
> google....nothing.  Any recommendations?  These are some of the
> keyboards that ive found:

Those look kinda clunky to me. You might want to look at the Logitech
diNovo Edge, which is a wireless (bluetooth) rechargeable battery
powered keyboard, with mouse.

It is quite a bit smaller, physically than the others you listed, and is
very thin and light.It is almost like holding a clipboard since it is so
thin. The keys however felt very nice.

It comes with a USB bluetooth dongle so it should wokj invisibly in
Linux. The 'mouse' is actually a 'touchdisk' in the bottom right corner.
I held one of these and the touchdiskis exactly under where your thumb
falls if you are holding it at the bottom right corner.
This is very definitely a 'keyboard from the lazy-boy'  keyboard that
you can sit with in your lap. Would not entirely replace a remote but
fills a definite gap.

This link is tigerdirect in Canada, so the price is in loonies...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2539615

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury